Thursday, October 15, 2009

Just a thought

So I just thought this was really cool and wanted to share it with people. Yesterday morning Nick and I were getting ready for school and our neighbor knocked on the door. I thought it was weird at first. It was 7:20 in the morning. Who does that? Then he asked Nick if he could give him a blessing. After that, I was thinking, how awesome is it that we can just walk next door and ask for a blessing. I mean for me all I have to do is look at the person next to me, but same idea. I didn't grow up with that so it's a new experience to me. It made me realize how lucky I am that I got married in the temple and have a husband who holds the priesthood and can do things like give me a blessing. Anyways. I just thought it was the coolest thing ever since I always had to go to some other place to get a blessing while I was growing up.

2 comments:

  1. That is way cool! Sorry you didn't grow up with it:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's a completely different experience isn't it! You learn so much from both, and you learn how much it really means to you. That was one of the things I was looking forward to most about getting married, and everytime Jacob gets the experience to do that I just think, "Wow, I am so grateful that not only does he hold the priesthood but is worthy to use it as well." I'm glad you feel the same way, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete