Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fiestas, Pumpkins and Cinnamon Rolls





So I'm in one of the bands out here and as all bands, we have parties. Since we're playing the Carmen Suite in my band and one of the other bands is doing something mexican also, we decided to have a fiesta! It was fun even though we weren't there for the whole time. It was good though. Free tacos so I didn't have to cook. Then there were pinatas also. Jacob and Nick were really excited. They both got to hit it. Then we went back to mine and Nick's place to hang out. I've decided I really miss carving pumpkins and whatnot. Last night Kris and Jacob came over and all four of us carved some pumpkins. It was way fun. Made me miss the good old days of our family all going out together and getting pumpkins then carving them together. Anyways. So we did that for a while and then cleaned up and then Kris and I made cinnamon rolls which didn't end up getting done until about 10:30. Jacob and Nick rented a movie and wouldn't tell us what it was until it was playing. They decided to rent Arachnophobia. Not cool. We watched it anyway though. Now I'm afraid of deadly spiders coming from nowhere and killing everyone. I don't recommend it to people if you're not a fan of spiders. Then after that to make things better, we put on It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Great movie. Ugh. Let me just rant for a second about work Friday night. Someone up high in the Subway chain decided that there should be such a thing as "customer appreciation day." Who does that? Basically what it was is a buy one footlong get one free thing. That many people coming in and getting mass amounts of sandwiches does not make me appreciate people. Not a good night at work pretty much. There was a solid line of customers to the door from 4 to at least 830. Also. I wasn't supposed to go into work until 4 but since I don't have time to go home on Fridays between class and work I just went in to work. As soon as I got there, mass amounts of people came in and they needed help or else they would have run out of bread. Cool for them because they're leaving. Not for me because I had to close. Not having any bread is not a good way to start a shift. Anyways, it's over now and hopefully I won't have to deal with it again.

2 comments:

  1. Arrrggg... I typed a comment and then had to sign in so I have to type it again...rrr...
    Anyway, I'm glad you have good memories of those times. And now you have Nick to sit in the pumpkin patch with you to wait for the great pumpkin and see him with "your own eyes!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for pumpkins. They look cool. We still have to go get ours this week.

    ReplyDelete