Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weekend with the family

So it's already June which is crazy to me but it also means that this semester is halfway over!! And let me tell you, it's been stressful. I can't even imagine how the next three will go with a kid here. Enough about that though. Here's what's been going on lately. Kristin had her baby (finally)! Mom came out about a week and a half ago and she stayed here with Nick and I. Then Jordan and Dad came out on Friday and they also stayed with Nick and I, which was fun I guess but incredibly crowded in our tiny one bedroom apartment. The air mattress a friend of mom's loaned them took up the entire room and was taller than our couches. It was kind of funny. Monday we all went to Yellowstone because Jordan and Jacob have never been there. It was fun. Kind of cold though. And when we weren't spending hours upon hours in the car to get to the next place, we walked. A lot. Let me tell you and I'm sure you all know this. Walking while you're pregnant is not fun. Especially at the lower falls. They're pretty, but to get to them you have to walk down the side of a mountain. Back and forth I think ten times. Going down is fine. Going back up however was another story. They had benches at every turn and I'm pretty sure I made Jordan and Nick stop at every other one. At first it was to "let mom and dad catch up," but then I finally admitted that it was because I could not breathe. Ridiculous. Nick told me I needed to work out more. I laughed at him and told him it probably wouldn't get better. That's pretty much Yellowstone. Mom, Dad, and Jordan left us there. They went on to Montana and the rest of us headed back to wonderful Idaho, where it has been raining, snowing, windy, and any other terrible kind of weather you can imagine. In June. I'm so tired of it. I can't wait til Nick and I have graduated and he goes to dental school. NOT IN IDAHO!! Because there isn't one here. Darn. Not. Anyway. It's really nice to have the apartment back to ourselves again and to be able to spend time with each other. It was kind of hard on us I'm not going to lie...Change of subject. I had a doctor's appointment last friday. I really wish they would tell me before hand what it is they are going to have me do. I was not prepared for them to draw blood from me so I didn't eat anything because since my family was in town we were going out to breakfast afterwards. But they were nice about it and gave me some food. Also, we scheduled the appointment where we get to find out what it is!!! I am so excited to be able to say he or she. Not it. We even have decided on a name for a boy finally, but with our luck it will be a girl. We're still having problems picking out a name for girls but we've got it narrowed down to two. Aubrey and Addelyn. I don't think that's how we would spell that but I'm too tired right now to figure anything else out and I'm sure Caitlyn will tell me how to spell it...But that is our life right now. Same as always pretty much except for family visiting.

5 comments:

  1. I love that you write the same way that you talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you do write the same as you talk. You're supposed to put up pictures when you blog too crazy. Even though I was there I like pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, Diane also reads your blog and told me when she was here visiting the weekend before this past one that she also thinks it's funny that you write how you talk. I think she called your blog, "ultimate stream-of-conscious writing."

    Anyway, you can spell your kid's name however you want. The neice I already have spells hers Adelyn... I think. It might also be Adalyn. Everyone just calls her Addie, so that's what I write when I put her name on things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you loved having us take over your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for getting to find out the gender! glad i read your post...it reminded me i need to call tomorrow to schedule my u/s too, haha. we have a boy name picked out too so i figure it will be a boy, but i've been sooo sure it's a girl for me that i'm excited to find out. if you have a girl, i owe you an ice cream cone or something next time we're both in ohio!

    ReplyDelete