Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Yup.

Yeah! It's been almost a year since I've written on here. I'm super awesome. That's okay though. Everyone who reads this blog already knows what goes on in my life. Maybe that's why I haven't written in a while. Or maybe I should just keep writing and then print these all out one day for my kids. Good idea. Let's see...

We're still in Utah living in the same apartment. Hopefully not for much longer though. Our contract is up in February and we've been preapproved for a home loan! Woo! So we're going to start looking at houses soon. It's kind of a pain in the butt though. We've been looking online and we see homes that we like, but then the school districts are terrible! I can't believe that I'm in the point of my life where I need to concern myself with the surrounding school district. I mean what the heck?! Oh well. Luckily there are a few towns close by that have good (really good for Utah) schools so I think we're going to try and move to one of those places. Nick and I disagree on some of the requirements for our home but I guess that's normal. I really just want a pantry and a fenced in yard and a good school district. Nick's list is way longer.

Rory is about 8 months old now. He crawls EVERYWHERE. Like I turn my back for 2 seconds and look back and he's gone! Koen isn't too fond of Rory being able to move because now he has to share all of his toys, not just the ones that he brings to Rory. Rory is a big eater. There isn't a food that he doesn't like. Even those nasty meat combo meals. Yuck. But I'm glad because he's healthy. He's mostly sleeping through the night sort of. He goes down around 9 and then wakes up between 5:30 and 7 am to eat and then goes back until Koen wakes him up. He LOVES being around Koen. Follows him around a lot too. Koen can just lay his head on Rory and Rory will laugh for a long time. Rory is pretty obsessed with my hair. Whenever I feed him, he wraps his hand up in my hair. Then he yanks on it. It hurts.

Koen will be turning 3 in a little over a month. Wow. That's actually the first time I've thought about that. I'm about to have a 3 year old! Next year he'll be in primary! I'll have a kid in the primary program. Weird. We've been working on potty training for a while. I kind of gave up for a little bit though because I decided he wasn't ready. All of a sudden though he's been all for it again. Like today, he pooped in the toilet for the first time! I hope he keeps doing that. If I don't have to change anymore of his poopy diapers, I will be so excited. Koen is still pretty little for his age. I'm pretty sure Rory is going to catch up to him soon. Oh well.

Nick is still working and loving his job. He's been traveling a lot more that I thought he would be. In April, he went to Mexico, June he went to Mississippi, and then in July he went to Japan. Luckily he hasn't been anywhere recently, but he told me last week he might put in a request to go to Detroit. Yay. Of all the places I want him to go, Detroit is not one of them. He went there once last year, and it made me nervous. I never hear good stories about that place. We found out that if Nick does get relocated to Japan, the earliest it would be is 2015, so that's good to know. Part of the reason we're house hunting. We are so tired of living in apartments.

Nothing has really changed for me. I got called to be the beehive advisor at the end of May and I absolutely love it. Other than that, I still just stay at home with the boys. I need to start on their Halloween costumes soon. For our anniversary, I got Nick the first season of Dragonball Z, and Koen loves to watch it with him, so for Halloween, Koen is going to be Goku and Rory is going to be K(C?)rillen. Yeah. Super dorks. That's okay though because we are awesome. Rory just woke up from his nap so I should probably go get him.

1 comment: